Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's crazy what can happen in a week...

Heads up... this post may be a little TMI (so stop reading now if you don't want to read it) - You've been warned!

So I had been dealing with the issues with my back/sciatic nerve - went to the doctor last Monday - and he is pretty sure it is my sciatic. He prescribed me some Ibuprofen and Robaxin (muscle relaxer) AND made a referral to Physical Therapy. Ok - making some progress!

Tuesday morning I wake up and decide to do some yoga so I can stretch out some. I lay down on the floor and I have the most horrendous pain shooting through my right breast.  I call the doctor and have an appt. for the following Monday.  As the week goes on - my pain gets worse.  I end up going to the doctor on Friday.

I see the doctor and he sends me right to the Women's Center to see a Surgeon. I get to see the Surgeon pretty quickly and he tells me that it is an abscess and it needs to be drained TODAY! Because of the location - I need to go in for surgery.  So at 2 pm I headed into the hospital - surgery at 4pm(ish). I was a nervous wreck. The surgery team was GREAT! Everyone had such a great personality and really helped to calm my nerves.  Once I started breathing in the oxygen - next thing I knew, I was OUT! I woke up in recovery and was like "it's over!?" I had a cyst the size of a quarter removed! I follow up with Dr. Pearce tomorrow after school.

So now I continue to be out of commission in the workout department.  I'm up another pound.  I need to get my eating under control!!

No comments:

Post a Comment